Mother Daughter Quotes
Daughters have a special bond with their mothers and those who choose to become mothers pass on that love to their own children. From life lessons to advice, moms are there for it all. Enjoy these mom quotes from daughters to reflect on your own relationship with your mom.
A mother’s love is unconditional and only grows stronger over a lifetime. These quotes about moms sum up the enormous amount of love they have for us and their eternal friendship.
- “A mother is your first friend, your best friend, your forever friend.” – Unknown
- “Mother is a verb. It’s something you do. Not just who you are.” – Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- “Moms are the people who know us the best and love us the most.” – Unknown
- “A mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible” – Marion C. Garretty.
- “Mother’s love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved.” – Erich Fromm
- “For a mother is the only person on earth who can divide her love among 10 children and each child still have all her love.” – Unknown
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
Quotes from a Daughter
- “There is nothing as powerful as mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.” – Unknown
- “Happiness is seeing your mother smile.” – Unknown
- “No matter how much I say I love you, I always love you more than that.” – Unknown
- “I love my mother as trees love water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.” – Terry Guillemets
- “No matter your age, you will always need your mom.” – Unknown
- “As is the mother, so is her daughter.” – Ezekiel 16:4
- “You have my whole heart for my whole life.” – Unknown
- “I’m a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.” – Unknown
- “A mother and daughter’s love is never separated.” – Viola Shipman
Quotes from Famous Moms
Celebrity moms have shared many quotes about motherhood and while their lifestyle may be drastically different from ours, their experience as a mother is very relatable. These quotes from famous moms paint a familiar picture and remind us of the most important thing in life: family.
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
- “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” – Tina Fey
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
- “Little souls find their way to you whether they’re from your womb or someone else’s.” – Sheryl Crow
- “My daughter introduced me to myself.” – Beyoncé Knowles
- “Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.” – Kate Winslet
- “My favorite thing about being a mom is just what a better person it makes you on a daily basis.” – Drew Barrymore
- “At the end of the day my most important job is still mom-in-chief.” – Michelle Obama
- “If you’re a mom, you’re a superhero. Period.” – Rosie Pope
- “I’ve never had more appreciation for anyone in my entire life until I became a mom.” – Chrissy Teigen
Quotes for New Moms
Becoming a mom for the first time is something all mothers cherish for the rest of their lives. So much love and admiration is poured into a new baby and new moms appreciate all of the affection. Celebrate those new mothers and mothers-to-be with one of these inspiring new mom quotes.
- “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Unknown
- “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “I loved you before I knew you.” – Unknown
- “Of all the things my hands have held, the best, by far, is you.” – Unknown
- “I’m proud of many things in life but nothing beats being a mother.” – Unknown
- “I gave you life, but really, you gave me mine.” – Unknown
- “Let me love you a little more before you’re not little anymore.” – Unknown
- “Just when you think you know love, something little comes along and reminds you just how big it is.” – Unknown
- “Everything has changed, and yet, I’m more me than I’ve ever been.” – Iain Thomas
Quotes for Single Moms
Single parents take on roles and responsibilities that other parents commonly share. However, single moms take on double the love and strength in raising their children. These single mom quotes are meant to praise and encourage those moms who are doing motherhood all on their own.
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride” – Unknown
- “To the world you are a Mother, but to your family you are the World.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes the strength of motherhood is greater than natural laws.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “She has to have four arms, four legs, two hearts and double the love. There is nothing single about a single mother” – Unknown
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” – Linda Wooten
- “Even on the days, you feel like you are failing, look around. Your child’s smile will bring you right back up” – Unknown
- “Taking care of yourself is part of taking care of your kids.” – Unknown
- “When you love what you have, you have everything you need.” – Unknown
Quotes about Missing Mom
For those who can’t spend time with their mom or pick up the phone and call, Mother’s Day can be a bittersweet reminder. If your mom has passed or maybe just lives far away, these missing mom quotes may help you articulate your feelings and comfort you while remembering your mother and the memories you shared.
- “A mom’s hug lasts long after she let’s go.” – Unknown
- “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother” – Abraham Lincoln
- “If I had a single flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden.” – Claudia Ghandi
- “I love you every day. And now, I will miss you every day.” – Mitch Albom
- “There are no goodbyes, wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Short Mom Quotes
If you want to wish your mom Happy Mother’s Day with something short and sweet, browse these short mom quotes to find just the right way to say, “I love you.”
- “Always my mother; forever my friend.” – Unknown
- “Motherhood is the greatest thing and the hardest thing.” – Ricki Lake
- “A mother’s love endures through all.” – Washington Irving
- “If I know what love is, it’s because of you.” – Hermann Hesse
- “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness.” – Jessica Lange
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
- “Home is where your mom is.” – Unknown
Funny Mom Quotes
Looking for some humor to share with your mom or mom friends? These funny mom quotes are both relatable and all too familiar to some.
- “May your coffee be stronger than your toddler.” – Unknown
- “Nothing is lost until your mother can’t find it.” – Unknown
- “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were, fathers would do it.” – Golden Girls
- “Becoming a mother makes you realize you can do almost anything one-handed.” – Unknown
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual; it comes with a mother” – Unknown
- “Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out.” – Unknown
- “A sleeping baby is the new happy hour.” – Unknown
- “Motherhood: if you think my hands are full, you should see my heart.” – Unknown
No matter your age, your mom still means the world to you. Remind her how much you love her with some of these mom quotes and make her day a little brighter. For Mother’s Day, accompany your sweet words with a gift for mom to celebrate all that she does. If you can’t be with your mom on Mother’s Day, take time to call her and let her know how much she means to you. For moms in heaven, find a special way to honor and remember her like planting a flower or playing her favorite song.
Bond Between Mother and Child Quotes
Mother is the first face that we see in this world and mother only the first one in this world who loves us, even she didn’t see in her womb. In fact, we don’t look for words to say our bond with the mother. Sometimes, beautiful words are really beautiful to express the bond between mother and child.
If you are looking for those words, here we presented those beautiful words as quotes and share these with your mother and child.
- The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children – Bond Between Mother And Child Quote
- The bond between a mother and her child is the only real and purest bond in the world, the only true love we can ever find in our lifetime.
- Mothers and their children are in a category all their own. There’s no bond so strong in the entire world. No love so instantaneous and forgiving.
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers – Bond Between Mother And Child Quote
- Only mothers can think of the future because they give birth to it in their children.
- I may not be perfect, but when I look at my children, I know that I got something in my life perfectly right.
- A child’s first teacher is its mother.
- Child’s first teacher is its mother – Bond Between Mother And Child Quote
- Children are not a distraction from more important work. They are the most important work.
- Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears.
- Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children – Bond Between Mother And Child Quote
- The art of mothering is teaching the art of living to children.
- Still, the most magical day of my life is the day I became a mom.
- A mother understands what a child cannot say.
- A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
- You’re always going to wonder if you’re doing things wrong, but that’s what it means to be a mom, to care so much about someone else that you just want to be as perfect as possible.
- Being a mom might mean that my hands are full, but so is my heart.
Being a mom might mean that my hands are full but so is my heart – Bond Between Mother And Child Quote
- I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.
- A mother’s prayer is that her children will love each other long after she is gone.
A mother’s prayer is that her children will love each other long after she is gone – Bond Between Mother And Child Quote
- I didn’t lose myself when I became a mother. I discovered an even better version.
- Moms are the ones who truly know the meaning of 24/7.
Hi, I’m Tammy! Here I share some lovely and self-written Birthday Wishes & Quotes for you. Please do Share this webpage together with your family and friends.