Nipsey Hussle Quotes
Rapper, philanthropist, and entrepreneur Nipsey Hussle was known for his work with young black men, and he attempted to change their perceptions of themselves.
Hussle, a Grammy-nominated rap artist, was also a community activist who aimed to “provide solutions and inspiration” to those in need of assistance. Through his songs, he also spoke out against violence and the gun-shot culture, which contributed to his rise to fame.
He was born in Los Angeles, California, to an African American mother and an Eritrean father. He was well-known for selling mixtapes and for being a solo performer.
His assassination took place on March 31, 2019, as he was leaving the clothing store that he owned. He was 33 years old at the time of his death. It was his most recent tweet, “Having strong enemies is a blessing,” that caused a wave of curiosity and alarm among his followers.
Ne-Yo worked to end gang violence because he was alarmed by the rising number of black men who were dying as a result of criminal activity.
He urged young people to contribute to the improvement of society, and as a result, many of his quotes have inspired people to look at life from a different perspective.
These quotes by Nipsey Hussle are truly inspirational, and they have influenced many minds to move forward in the direction of a better future.
Top Quotes of Nipsey Hussle
- If you don’t know your full-throttle history, the whole story of how you come too where you are, it’s kind of hard to put things together.
- On a mission, your worst enemy is idle time.
- Most people want to skip the process, not knowing that when you skip steps, you miss lessons. If you start small and build on what you have, you can continue to multiply that into something greater, while picking up all of the valuable lessons along the way.
- The most important thing is to get rid of doubt. If you got doubt in what you’re doing, it’s not gonna work.
- You will never be criticized by someone who is doing more than you. You will only be criticized by someone who is doing less than you. Remember that.
- We’re not the cause. We’re the effect.
- If you look at the people in your circle and you don’t get inspired, you don’t have circle you have a cage.
- Find your purpose or you wastin’ air.
- Be truthful with yourself and other people, and try your best to make decisions outside of your ego.
- Luck is the product of hard work.
Powerful Nipsey Hussle Quotes and Lyrics on Music
- Dedication, hard work plus patience. The sum of all my sacrifice, I’m done ‘waitin’, I’m done ‘waintin’, told you that I wasn’t ‘playin’. (Track: Dedication)
- A lot of artists come into the game with a radio record, but they don’t establish the fans as fans of their style of music. It’s just that they’re a fan of that song, and after that song plays out, it’s real hard for ’em.
- If it wasn’t for the music bein’ my outlet, I’d probably be hustlin’. I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to go and get a nine-to-five, I never finished high school or none of that.
- I try to sprinkle little gems and jewels in the music that people could use in their own life.
- If you’re going to write about rap music and hip-hop, and you don’t love it, then we don’t need your opinion, and we revoke your opinion.
- Doing music to pay bills is an uncomfortable situation. I never wanted to be in that situation.
- As an artist, as a brand, as a rapper, as a musician, you know you got a window and a lot of people, even an athlete; they don’t have no exit strategy. It’s just living in the false reality that it’s going to be like this forever.
- I say that in the most humble way: I always knew that I could perform with the best of ’em and I could deliver with the best of ’em.
- I always had a passion for rap music, and I was always trying to create a situation where I could do this full-time.
- When I realized the power of hip-hop. I realized how influential this music and this culture are.
- If I weren’t involved in this hip-hop shit, I’d probably be breakin’ the law to eat and feed my family and maintain the lifestyle that I’m used to.
Nipsey Hussle Wisdom Sayings on Success, Love and Peace
- Luck is just bein’ prepared at all times, so when the door opens, you are ready.
- Sometimes, you have to take steps back to take one step forward.
- Success to me is just being able to do what you love to do and support yourself all through.
- One small misunderstanding can show you exactly how a person really feels about you.
- Without a game plan and without a strong sense of faith in what you’re doing, it’s gonna be real hard to accomplish things.
- I’m at peace with what I’m doing. I feel good with what I wake up doing and about my lifestyle.
- I built a company at the same time I built a career.
- We got turned down, we failed, had setbacks, had to start over a lot of times. But we kept going at it. In anybody’s case, that’s always the distinguishing factor.
- I don’t need no side bitch. I need a never leave my side bitch.
- I’m about seeing long term, seeing a vision, understanding nothing really worthwhile happens overnight, and just sticking to your script long enough to make something really happen.
- Instead of trying to build a brick wall, lay a brick every day. Eventually, you’ll look up and you’ll have a brick wall.
- Material things ain’t nothing, you feel me? At the end of the day, It’s who you is.
- If you got a plan, it’s not just like a pipe dream. You have a step-by-step list of things to do to get your goal.
- Success or greatness comes with a rollercoaster ride; anybody can apply the marathon concept to what they do.
- Before rap, my last name was my lifestyle, and when I visualize success, it looked like right now.
Nipsey Hussle Captions That Motivate Hustlers, Rappers, Artists and Entrepreneurs
- lienate my brand for business. I always wanted to keep it authentic and keep as pure as I could.
- You’re a hustler, you should find somewhere to capitalize off that and turn it into some money.
- I just believe in ownership. I believe in investing in yourself. Your foundation should be strong.
- Being self-made means never making an excuse as to why you can’t take steps toward whatever your goal is.
- I feel that puttin’ in the hours and years in the studio, honing my craft, definitely played a part, me consciously networking and presenting myself as an artist that’s commercially sellable led to me meeting the right people, which in turn led to them givin’ me positive referral to other people, which in turn led me to signin’ a deal.
- My thing is that I don’t give no person that much power over my path that I’m walking. Not one person can make or break what I’m doing, except God or me.
- It isn’t cool to be in the club spending all of this money, or having cars or jewelry – but you do not own any real estate? A fourplex? If the answer is no, you are not a real hustler.
- You’ve got to have faith in what you are doing and not take no for an answer.
- Don’t let your past create your future. Everyone can change.
- Ownership is everything. Own your mind. Mind your own.
- And it’s possible to monetize your art without compromising the integrity of it for commerce.
- I keep moving, keep hustling till I see improvement. I know I can’t win it all, but I can’t keep losing.
- It’s cliché to say: work hard, don’t quit. I would really say find yourself and find what’s your, What’s motivating force behind you? And build around that.
- As an entrepreneur, as an investor, I’m trying to be as educated as I can to where the progression of technological capability is going and what it does to these different categories that, me as an artist and an influencer, I can get involved and bring value.
- I’m more focused on giving solutions and inspiration more than anything.
- I knew I wanted to work for myself when I was about eleven.
Nipsey Hussle Quotes About Money
- Money is a tool – it’s the means, not the end.
- Own the supply chain from production to consumption. People take shots at Jay-z, but he’s the first black artist to have a vertically integrated biz model where he owns the whole chain.
- As is the case with most people in this game, I am driven by financial motives and creative motives; the question I had to answer is which motive I will give priority to?
- I’d rather invest in real estate – invest in some assets as opposed to trick all my money in diamonds and cars – it looks good, but at the end of the day, you’re losing value. It isn’t appreciating; it’s depreciating. A real asset. Take care of my people.
- And it’s possible to monetize your art without compromising the integrity of it for commerce.
- I released 1000 mixtapes and charged $100 for each because I understood the economic principle of scarcity. The profit funded my independent label.
- I would say that the Nipsey Hussle ‘Crenshaw’ release was an example of All Money In creating an artificial scarcity campaign for the physical side of ‘Crenshaw.’
- One pillar to wealth is having residual income.
Nipsey Hussle Quotes on Respect
- To me, respect comes first.
- Be a man of your word, do what you say you’re gonna do, respect people the way you would like to be respected.
- As far as respect goes, we have to stop respecting dumb shit. We have to return to old school principles.
- I respect Snoop even aside from the music, just as a man, and especially the way he still represents who he is, after being a pop star and an icon. He’s done it successfully and has still been able to balance it.
- Make a million cash fore you flatline. Make a master plan watch it backfire. Burn it all down then collect the ashes. Build it back, respect ya passion.
- When you start seeing the most successful people and the most respected people, the next step is figuring out how they became that.
One should have complete confidence in the work they are doing and devote their entire attention to it. When you begin to have doubts about your own work, you are on the verge of failing. Confidence in oneself is essential if one wishes to achieve success!
Furthermore, if you are subjected to social criticism, it indicates that you are significantly ahead of the game, and it serves to demotivate you from your constructive efforts and work.
Continue on your journey and make good use of your time!
If you ever find yourself lacking in motivation, take a look through these quotes and you will be able to summon the energy you need to keep going!