Quotes About Family
Whether it’s brief family quotes to share with your sister, who also happens to be your best friend, or inspirational family sayings that your grandfather would appreciate, these family love quotes all have one message in common: family is everything.
They’re the ones who stand by your side when you need help; they’re the ones who congratulate you on your achievements; and they’re the ones who laugh with you (and only occasionally at you) through your most embarrassing gaffes.
Give these inspirational quotes about family, ranging from brief family love quotes to funny-yet-endearing words about family, a read in honour of the individuals in your tribe–your people.
Because if you weren’t already feeling the love for your loved ones, these 101 family quotations and sayings will make you feel good about them—no matter how crazy they are!
“Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten” – Lilo and Stitch
“Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” – Michael J. Fox
“Family gives you the roots to stand tall and strong.” -Unknown
“A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” – George Bernard Shaw
“The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
“Some people are worth melting for.” –Olaf
“Our Family, just the right mix of fun and chaos.” -Unknown
“The most important time is family time.” -Unknown
“The love of a family is life’s greatest blessing” -Unknown
Family Quotes – Quotes About Family
1. “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” — Peter Buffett
2. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” — Jane Howard
3. “Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” — David Ogden Stiers
4. “We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.” –Coco
5. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
6. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” – George Bernard Shaw
7. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” – Lisa Weed
8. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” ― George Burns
9. “A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That’s the trade-off. But I’ll take it all.” — Brad Pitt
10. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Puzo
11. The most important thing in the world is family and love.” – John Wooden
12. “When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching–they are your family.” – Jim Butcher
13. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” — Barbara Bush
14. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
15. “The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going.” — George Carlin
16. “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we’re related for better or for worse…and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” ― Rick Riordan
17. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” –Michael J. Fox
18. “Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future.” – Gail Lumet Buckley
19. “The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended-and not to take a hint when a hint isn’t intended.” — Robert Frost
20. “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
21. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
22. “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.¨ — Khalil Gibran
23. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.” — Haniel Long
24. ¨A man should never neglect his family for business.” — Walt Disney
25. “The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only – and that is to support the ultimate career.” ― C.S. Lewis
26. ¨Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.¨ — Margaret Mead
27. “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.” – Anthony Liccione
28. ¨There is no such thing as fun for the whole family.¨ — Jerry Seinfeld
29. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
30. ¨You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.¨ — Desmond Tutu
31. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.”― Chuck Palahniuk
32. “The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst.” – Marge Kennedy
33. “The greatest gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.” — Kendall Hailey
34. ¨I know all those words, but that sentence makes no sense to me.”― Matt Groening
35. “Having a place to go is a home. Having someone to love is a family. Having both is a blessing.” – Donna Hedges
36. “Being part of a family means smiling for photos.” –Harry Morgan
37. “That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.”― Deb Caletti
38. “There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy, or more exasperated, or more secure.” – Jim Butcher
39. “Family is family.” – Linda Linney
40. “In time of test, family is best.” – Burmese Proverb
41. “If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
42. “One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family.”― Jonathan Safran Foer
43. “I am blessed to have so many great things in my life – family, friends, and God. All will be in my thoughts daily.” –Lil’ Kim
44. “I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.”― Walt Whitman
45. “The family–that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.” – Dodie Smith
46. “The family is the first essential cell of human society.” – Pope John XXIII
47. “My dear young cousin, if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the eons, it’s that you can’t give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it.” ― Rick Riordan
48. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” – Albert Einstein
49. “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.” –Romans 12:9
50. “Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.” – Mitch Albom
51. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” — Mother Teresa
52. “It’s all about the quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
53. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.”
― George Bernard Shaw
54. “Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world.”― Napoleon Bonaparte
55. “Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.” –John C. Maxwell
56. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.”― Ann Brashares
57. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.” – Irina Shayk
58. “Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.” – Wanda Hope Carter
59. “Friends are the family you choose.”― Jess C. Scott
60. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” ― Anthony Brandt
61. “Stick to the basics, hold on to your family and friends – they will never go out of fashion.” – Niki Taylor
62. “My mother used to tell me that when push comes to shove, you always know who to turn to. That being a family isn’t a social construct but an instinct.” — Jodi Picoult
63. I think togetherness is an important ingredient of family life.” — Barbara Bush
64. “The world, we’d discovered, doesn’t love you like your family loves you.” — Louis Zamperini
65. “My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me.” – Michael Imperioli
66. “Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.”― Robin Hobb
67. “It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family.” — Menacheim Begin
68. “The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
69. “That sounds terrific, thought Cary, just you, your comatose wife your shell-shocked son, and your daughter who hates your guts. Not to mention that your two kids may be in love with each other. Yeah, that sounds like a perfect family reunion.” ― Cassandra Clare
70. “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst.” ― Marjorie Pay Hinckley
71. “Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” – Stitch
72. “Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say.”― Rick Riordan
73. “The love of family and the admiration of friends are much more important than wealth and privilege.” — Charles Kuralt
74. “There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues… are created, strengthened and maintained.” – Winston Churchill
75. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” ― Shannon L. Alder
76. “You need a rock-solid foundation of friends and family to keep you where you need to be.” — Lilly Singh
77. “Some people are worth melting for.” – Olaf
78. “I sustain myself with the love of family.”― Maya Angelou
79. “Nothing purchased can come close to the renewed sense of gratitude for having family and friends.” – Courtland Milloy
80. “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” — Leo Tolstoy
81. “The capacity for friendship is God’s way of apologizing for our families.” ― Jay McInerney
82. “Life is beautiful. It’s about giving. It’s about family.” – Walt Disney
83.“Then I discovered that being related is no guarantee of love!”― Stieg Larsson
84. “A family is a bunch of people who keep confusing you with someone you were as a kid.” – Robert Brault
85. “Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space.” – Evan Esar
86. “Home isn’t where you’re from, it’s where you find light when all grows dark.”― Pierce Brown
87. “A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it.” — Mary Karr
88. “Family is the most important thing in the world.” — Princess Diana
89. “Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family.” — Paul Pearsall
90. “Families are like fudge–mostly sweet, with a few nuts.” — Les Dawson
91. “Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.” — Martin Mull
92. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” — George A. Moore
93. “I don’t think quantity time is as special as quality time with your family.” — Reba McEntire
94. “You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges.” — Elizabeth Berg
95. “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” – Lee Iacocca
96. “Family isn’t something that’s supposed to be static, or set. People marry in, divorce out. They’re born, they die. It’s always evolving, turning into something else.” ― Sarah Dessen
97. “My greatest pleasure is spending time with my family.” — Siri Hustvedt
98. “When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you.” – Guy Lafleur
99. “A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones.” ― Kristin Hannah
100. “I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family.” — José Carreras
101. “In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, bridge to our future.”— Alex Haley
Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.
-Michael J. Fox
When all the dust is settled and all the crowds are gone, the things that matter are faith, family, and friends.
The most important thing in the world is family and love.
The memories we make with our family is everything.
-Candace Cameron Bure
I sustain myself with the love of family.
Time together as a family is a gift.
Family is the most important thing in the world.
To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.
A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
– George Bernard Shaw
Families are like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.
You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.
Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.
Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.
-David Ogden Stiers
The Love of a Family is a Life’s Greatest Blessing.
Hi, I’m Tammy! Here I share some lovely and self-written Birthday Wishes & Quotes for you. Please do Share this webpage together with your family and friends.